Get Solo, Android’s most popular phone guitar and start jamming wherever you are. With Solo you can play to your favourite songs, or create some of your own…
It’s ideal for jamming sessions when you don’t have your guitar with you, or an excellent reference for when you do!
This is a free demo version and includes
* Great, authentic sounding acoustic guitar
* The same huge chord library available in the full version
* Create and load custom chord layouts
* Uses Immersion’s MOTIV haptic effects for advanced haptic feedback
* Many settings to customize to your playing style
* Great for S Pen Samsung Galaxy Note
Also available in the full version
* Classical guitar, acoustic guitar and electric guitars, each with authentic sound
* A huge chord library with chord diagrams – hear and see how each chord is played.
* Create your own chords
* Play along to any music loaded on your phone
* Get chord and lyric overlays from the web – excellent for teaching yourself new songs to play
* Play with a capo to fit your vocal range
* Create, load and save chord layouts for your favourite songs
* Customize the UI to fit your playing style
* Use multitouch on supported devices
Recently Solo Lite has become ad supported (Don’t hate me, even developers have to make a living . An add will only ever be shown on the loading screen on start-up, where it will not interfere with playing. For showing ads, the app requires a few new permissions (these are in the Lite version only, the full version has no ads or extra permissions). Below is a description of required permissions:
INTERNET ACCESS – To check/download updates (for non-Market users), free upgrade promotion via GetJar, ad on startup
VIEW NETWORK STATE – Solo checks if internet connection is up and enables/disables online features as appropriate
DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS – Only used to make it easier for you (by pre-populating your email address) to sign up for ads to support the developer. This is completely optional and I do not use the permission for anything else in the app.
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY – Only used to access the device ID. Solo does NOT access phone calls or other information apart from the device ID.
The “Read phone state and identity” permission doesn’t give devs access to passwords or other personal identity information. The only id obtained from this is the phone’s IMEI number, which is a unique serial number tied to every device with a sim card. Knowing this number does not give devs access to any personal information, it only provides a way for us to distinguish between different devices.
Solo itself does not need this number, but the ad providers need something to identify users by in order to determine how many users has seen an ad and pay devs accordingly.
Currently the IMEI number is the most reliable way to differentiate between users, and almost all ad companies require this number. You will probably see that permission on all apps that show ads, and most apps that require a way to uniquely identify users without any personal information.
VIBRATE – For string vibrations and haptic feedback (optional)
File size: 1.9M