We have seen many new devices and mobile phones come with Android operating system. We already have T-Mobile G1 phone running Google Android OS and May 2009 will see many of these Android devices. One problem with phones based on Google’s Android is that it is difficult due to lack of community support Android.I have seen many users ask on the forum, it is. APK file? How to install. APK app on the G1 phone? How to install applications on Android market not APK? APK etc. A file is “package file Android” with the suffix. APK user to install an application on Google Android powered mobile phone. So if you need to install any program on your Android phone, you must file. APK format.
Install the application on Google Android is pretty easy, but do not install applications on the Android phone market is a bit tricky. Well do not worry here is the guide for installation. APK applications on Android phones.
How to Install .Apk Apps on Google Android G1 Phone
1. Install and open the Apps Installer application from the Android Market.
2. This opens a view showing *.apk application names in the sdcard root directory.(note, if no AppNames are listed you have no .apk files in the root directory of the SDCard)
3. Touch the app name to initiate installation of the app.
4. The app is now installed
How to Install Non-Market .Apk Application on Google Android G1 Phone
2. Now type adb in a command shell will display all the options, adb.exe is SDK tool used to install applications and interface with the device.
3. Now Connect Your G1 Phone to your computer using USB cable. You need to install Drivers for this. Download Android USB drivers from here. This driver is required for adb to interface with an android G1 phone using USB cable.
4. Go to Android Settings/SD card & phone storage and disable Use for USB storage. You can enable it again later after you installed your third-party application.
5. Go to Settings/Application settings and enable Unknown sources.
6. Download the Application installer .apk file to a local folder on your computer, Now type below command at command shell to install app.
adb install <Full Path to apk file><apk file name>
The above guide is only application for windows XP users and Windows Vista users wont be able to use it, since android sdk for windows vista is not available.If you like this android application, please subscribe for the new ones.